An initial comprehensive analysis of the state of the art for the different crops and agronomical aspects addressed in the project is the goal of Task 1 in this WP (Analysis of the state of the art). The analysis will consider the status quo of plant nutrition, soil management, plant protection in relation to partly covered systems, biodiversity, economic impact and dynamics of sod mulching. The analysis will be paralleled by performing a questionnaire-based survey and regional workshops with stakeholders on technical options proposed by the project (Task 2.2 - Multi-stakeholder approach). The obtained information will be used for the adaptation of the technologies to be tested and to create a database of current practices in the different project regions. At the end of the project, final workshops will be also organized in all regions to discuss the project results, the problems encountered and further development of the strategies defined.
However, the major effort of the WP is to perform an effective and efficient spread of the project results to the widest possible number of interested stakeholders (Task 2.3 Dissemination). The dissemination will be used to demonstrate the practices, methods and new technologies developed, as well as to contribute to an establishment of transnational networks of stakeholders in organic fruit growing.
Beside the project website and a flyer useful for attracting attention of stakeholders potentially interested in the project topics and outcomes, several dissemination activities are planned:
- A newsletter will be edited twice a year to report the development of the project to the major stakeholders.
- A brochure containing the concepts of integrated soil management and the major benefits of new technologies will be edited in partner languages for farmers and advisors .
- Trials carried out in all 6 countries will be used to organize at least two open field days during the project.
- Workshops and seminars or other events will be used to present and discuss the project results.
- New dissemination methods, such as shooting of some short video clips, the participation to radio/TV programs, the use of social media will be adopted.
- Scientific and technical papers will be published on open access journals or specialized magazines.